Here is Olivia dressed up as a witch for Halloween. She was invited to a friend's house for a party and I think she had fun, but came home with only 3 pieces of candy. She said, "Now can we go trick-or-treating?" but, of course, they don't really do trick-or-treating here. She was so disappointed. We'd told her before, but you know when you hear something you don't like, it's best to forget it. I asked her if it was the going door to door she missed or the candy and she said, "Well, the candy mostly." I promised she could pick out a small bag of candy at the candy stall in the market this weekend. That seemed to satisfy her. Cultural clash temporarily diverted. I've got to get thinking about how to deal with Thanksgiving.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Halloween
Here is Olivia dressed up as a witch for Halloween. She was invited to a friend's house for a party and I think she had fun, but came home with only 3 pieces of candy. She said, "Now can we go trick-or-treating?" but, of course, they don't really do trick-or-treating here. She was so disappointed. We'd told her before, but you know when you hear something you don't like, it's best to forget it. I asked her if it was the going door to door she missed or the candy and she said, "Well, the candy mostly." I promised she could pick out a small bag of candy at the candy stall in the market this weekend. That seemed to satisfy her. Cultural clash temporarily diverted. I've got to get thinking about how to deal with Thanksgiving.